OverviewWinnipeg Health Region RHC – Respiratory Therapist 812 hour shifts – .5 FTE Temporary Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
RHC – Respiratory Therapist 812 hour shifts – .5 FTE Temporary
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check….
Position #20055229 – Term to cover Maternity Leave
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the general direction of the Manager Allied Health and the Patient Care Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing quality Respiratory Therapy services. The Respiratory Therapist collaborates with clients to provide therapeutic, diagnostic, technical and teaching services consistent with discipline and professional standards. Quality client care is supported through continuing professional development, research, quality improvement and promotion of respiratory therapy. The Respiratory Therapist demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region and Riverview Health Centre.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree/diploma in Respiratory Therapy or equivalent education as recognized by the Manitoba Association of Registered Respiratory Therapists (MARRT).
- Recent and relevant clinical experience preferred.
- Current registration with the MARRT required.
- Current registration/membership in the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) is required or an equivalent, as determined by the employer, for therapists not eligible for CSRT registration.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provider level.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall in be in accordance with WRHA policy.
- Knowledge of principles of Respiratory Therapy
- Knowledge of relevant Workplace Safety and Health responsibilities.
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts in English both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and initiative.
- Knowledge of the physical, social, cultural and economic aspects of client care.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, clinical reasoning, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of health care knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence informed and evidence based practice.
- Working knowledge of research.
- Ability to perform both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to critically evaluate and apply relevant knowledge to practice.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Ability to support and implement change.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
- Ability to select appropriate communication methods pertinent to the situation.
- Ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work safely without injury to self, to patients/residents, or to other staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients/residents, family members and coworkers.
Physical Demands And Working Conditions:
- good physical and mental health, manual dexterity and visual acuity are required.
- ability to stand and walk and perform manual ventilation with one or both hands for prolonged periods.
- ability to run to emergencies.
- ability to lift heavy medical equipment including measuring devices, monitors, gas cylinders and other equipment (weighing up to15 pounds/6.8 kg)
- ability to push wheeled medical equipment.
- ability to move H and M size gas cylinders (weighing 66 to 100 pounds/30 to 45.5 kg)
- ability to assist with the positioning of clients.
- may be required to occasionally work extended hours and take on call.
- may be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
- may be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress etc.
- may encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/staff/visitors.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12