OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Registered Nurse, Relief Pool Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Registered Nurse, Relief Pool
These services include:. Utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). The successful candidate will be responsible for any service…
– Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing educational program.
– Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) certified nurses preferred.
– Responsible to maintain and provide proof of active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
– Experience with chronic illness, geriatrics and complex continuing care.
– Demonstrates knowledge and support of:
- The vision, values, goals, and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and the Deer Lodge Centre.
- The Centre’s Mission Statement, Residents Bill of Rights and Code of Conduct.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System, (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses Act.
- The Centre’s policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to geriatrics and complex continuing care.
- Principles of Routine Practices.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient/resident or a group of patient/residents.
– Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
– Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
– Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
– Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team.
– Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
– Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
– Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
– Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
– Effective oral and written communications skills.
– Maintains confidentiality of patient/residents, family member(s) and staff.
Directly accountable to the Manager of Patient//Resident Care, the Registered Nurse provides registered nursing services for patient/residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include: independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the health care team, and facilitating coordination of patient/resident care and discharge. May be responsible for directing other nurse, students, health care aides and other support staff in the performance patient/resident care. Collaborates with physicians and professional health staff in the facility and the community.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, goals and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Deer Lodge Centre.
Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies Manager or designates (i.e. supervisors) of all occurrences, injuries illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Paper resumes are no longer accepted. All applicants must apply online before the closing date to be considered.
Thank you for your interest with the Deer Lodge Centre. Only those considered will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24