OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Psychiatric Emergency Nurse (PEN) Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Psychiatric Emergency Nurse (PEN)
Demonstrates effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills. Position # 20053352….
Position # 20053352
HRSS # INC000002626676
Working within the Emergency team, the Psychiatric Emergency Nurse provides mental health expertise in patient assessment, care planning, intervention and evaluation within the Emergency Department and Facility. Provides support and mental health care to emergency patients and families experiencing stress or crisis. The Psychiatric Emergency Nurse provides consultation and support to patients primarily assigned to an Emergency nurse.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing required. BScMH, BScPN or BN preferred
- Minimum 3 years recent acute mental health experience required.
- Previous experience in an Emergency Department preferred
- Demonstrated competence in biopsychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, therapeutic communication, co-occurring disorders and awareness of community resources available to clients with psychosocial, psychiatric and chemical dependency needs.
- Registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (C.R.N.M.) or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (C.R.P.N.M.) required
- Crisis Intervention and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention required
- Professional Nursing Codes of Ethics for Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses or Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act
- Regional/Facility unit policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
- Utilization of the nursing process
- Relevant legislation including Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and the Mental Health Act; Principle of Routine Practices
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in the use of common software, specifically as utilized in clinical areas
- Demonstrated excellence in mental health clinical skills
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated effective teaching skills and abilities working with clients and families to support and educate colleagues in providing mental health care
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and provide leadership with a team in providing mental health care
- Demonstrated ability to practice independently and as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Demonstrates effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and ability to utilize relevant Emergency Department computer systems
- Required physical and psychological health to perform the duties of the position
- Satisfactory employment record required
This position is subject to a Criminal Record, including Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Registry Check, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for all charges incurred.
All applicants must apply online before the expiry date to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-07