OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Nursing Assistant-Women’s/Birthing Centre Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Nursing Assistant-Women’s/Birthing Centre
Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, etc. Complete Grade 12 education, Manitoba standards, required…
- Complete Grade 12 education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program (both the Health Care Aide and Health Unit Clerk programs) required.
- Basic keyboarding skills required.
- Medical terminology (75% pass mark) required.
- Candidates must be able to deal with all aspects of reproductive health, i.e. pregnancy termination.
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to duties of the position.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledgeable in Aboriginal customs, beliefs, and practices.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Care or Nurse in Charge, the incumbent: performs a variety of clerical tasks and acts as a communication link for the unit; and performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients as well as routine domestic tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the area.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions. Position may involve physical activity such as lifting, transferring and transporting patients and equipment.
Salary: Effective April 1, 2016 – $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174 CUPE Contract
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11