OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Messenger Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check….
Directly accountable to the Supervisor Central Dispatch Materiel Handling, the Messenger Participates in the operation of Central Dispatch to provide services within Deer Lodge Centre. Provides transport of patient/ residents from units to therapy sessions within the Centre. Maintains adequate sterile and clean supplies for user departments. Delivers clean linen to patient areas. Delivers meals to patient areas.
Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies their Manager or their designates (i.e. supervisors) of all occurrences, injuries illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
– Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards.
– On-the-job training will be provided; previous experience in a health care facility is an asset.
– Demonstrates knowledge and support of:
- The vision, values, goals, and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and the Deer Lodge Centre.
- The Deer Lodge Centre’s Mission Statement, Residents Bill of Rights and Code of Conduct.
- Personal Health Information Act, Protection of Persons in Care Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Ability to work within a computerized system.
– Ability to communicate effectively without direct supervision.
– Ability to learn and follow routines by on-the-job training method to learn procedures of duties.
– Ability to carry out all duties of the position.
– Physically and mentally capable of performing all job functions.
– Effective interpersonal relationships, courteous.
– Reliability, alertness, cooperativeness, tactful and adaptability.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Paper resumes are no longer accepted. All applicants must apply online before the closing date to be considered.
Thank you for your interest with the Deer Lodge Centre. Only those considered will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17