OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Mental Health Clinician – Operational Stress Injury Clinic Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Mental Health Clinician – Operational Stress Injury Clinic
Valid Manitoba drivers license. Travel is a regular requirement of the position. Five (5) years experience in a mental health setting….
Position # 20022873
HRSS # INC000002636951
Directly accountable to the Manager of Patient/Resident Care of the Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Clinic, the Mental Health Clinician for the OSI Clinic is responsible for the delivery of clinical interventions for the military, ex-military, veterans, RCMP and their families. Evaluates the psychosocial status of clients, makes a psychosocial diagnosis and plans and implements interventions. Participates as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Clinical masters degree in a mental health profession from an accredited school.
- Registration as applicable is preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in a mental health setting.
- Three (3) years experience in the independent delivery of cognitive-behavioral therapy to individuals and couples.
- Demonstrates specialist level knowledge of: Evidence-based treatment for individuals, couples, and groups, specifically cognitive-behavioral therapies.
Anxiety and mood disorders, in particular depressive illnesses and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Psychiatric medication used in the management of mental and emotional disorders.
Current research in these issues and their implications for effective treatment.
The execution of collaborative research within a clinical setting, including study design, execution, data analysis, and communication of results.
The military health-care system and other federally administered health-care systems and benefits.
- Ability to function independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan meetings, client visits and appointments.
- Ability to maintain client files.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations involving disturbed clients.
- Ability to practice with a high degree of independence.
- Courteous and cooperative.
- Computer use: uses a variety of software programs such as word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), communication (GroupWise).
- Exhibits sensitivity, discretion and compassion to clients.
- Valid Manitoba drivers license. Travel is a regular requirement of the position.
- Demonstrates general knowledge and support of: The vision, values, goals, and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and the Deer Lodge Centre.
The Deer Lodge Centre’s Mission Statement, Residents Bill of Rights and Code of Conduct.
Personal Health Information Act, Protection of Persons in Care Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
Knowledge of community resources, in order to develop partnerships with existing structures, and offers adjunctive therapies to clients
General knowledge of Manitoba’s health-care system.
May be required to work extended hours.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Salary: commensurate with education and qualifications.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11