OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Maintenance II Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Proficiency in building maintenance trades practices will be tested, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, carpentry, drywall and painting up to…
Golden Links Lodge
Maintenance Worker II
Posting Date: December 5, 2016
Department: Support Services
Position Title: Maintenance Worker II
Wage/Salary: As per MGEU collective agreement
Position Information: 1.0
Start Date: To Be Determined.
Summary of Functions:
Under the direction of the Manager – Support Services or designate, the Maintenance Worker II is responsible: to perform maintenance duties as assigned; to paint and repair Resident rooms and other facility areas; to care for facility grounds including planting, landscaping, snow removal and general external maintenance while ensuring the home is prepared and ready for all seasons inside and out; and, to complete other duties as assigned. The Maintenance Worker II assists in carrying out operational, preventative maintenance duties and repairs for the physical plant and its systems. Ensures all safety and other requirements are maintained in the performance of duties, including Manitoba Health Standards for Personal Care Homes:
- Works within the framework of the Golden Links Lodge’s Mission, Vision & Values, and in accordance with its policies and procedures.
- Respects Residents Rights at all times.
- Two (2) years of experience in assisting with trades related maintenance work in institutional buildings required. Proficiency in building maintenance trades practices will be tested, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, carpentry, drywall and painting up to the Journeyman level. Required to have WHIMIS training.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in drywall, painting, and carpentry required.
- Completion of a grounds-keeping or landscaping course is preferred, with one (1) year of experience in grounds maintenance required.
- Completion of Grade 12 required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Closing Date: December 12, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
External Applicants: This position requires an up to date satisfactory criminal record check and adult abuse registry check (vulnerable sector). The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for interview will be contacted.
GLL Mission Statement
Dedicated to Care, Mindful of Dignity, Embracing Life
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05