OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Licensed Practical Nurse, Surgery Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Licensed Practical Nurse, Surgery
Subsidized membership to Wellness Institute (world class medical fitness facility). As per the Collective Agreement….
SALARY RANGE : As per the Collective Agreement
- Responsible for nursing care of assigned patients in conjunction with the Patient Care Team Manager and other members of the health care team.
- Current registration with the C.L.P.N.M.
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing education program.
- Demonstrated clinical experience in a related program is required.
- A minimum of 2-months recent Surgery experience within the last 2-years required
- Demonstrated ability to support change
- Demonstrated use of evidence based practice and standards to support clinical work
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment, including conflict management and resolution
- Ability to work in a computerized environment
- Ability to work shift work including weekend rotation
- Physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
This position is subject to a Criminal Record / Adult & Child Abuse Registry Checks . The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
What Makes Seven Oaks General Hospital a Top Employer?
Fitness & Injury Prevention
- Subsidized membership to Wellness Institute (world class medical fitness facility)
- Free fast access to physiotherapy & chiropractor for injuries
- Ergonomic Consults and other injury prevention programs
- On-site massage
- Reasonably priced on-site monthly parking – $16 bi-weekly
- On-site Daycare, including casual spots for employees
- Employee Appreciation Events (HolidayLunch, Kids Christmas Party, Long Service Recognition)
- On-site Tim Horton’s
- Popcorn Wednesday’s
- Employee Assistance Program
- Close walking distance to shops, malls and other amenities (i.e. Wal-Mart, Shoppers, Garden City Mall, etc)
Education Opportunities :
• General Education Fund for all employees
• Mentorship Programs
• Bursary and Subsidy Program
• Online Learning + Classroom Training
• Academic Partnerships & Affiliations
• Wkly Grand Rounds via Tele-health
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24