OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Intervention & Outreach Team Support Worker Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Intervention & Outreach Team Support Worker
This position will be required to work in the community, field, and client homes, providing transportation to clients and office administrative duties….
This position is part of the NorWest Co-op Community Health Intervention & Outreach Team and will provide direct client support for children and youth with complex needs.
As the needs of the children and youth will determine the work schedule of the IOT, this position will require maximum flexibility in terms of schedule (hours dependent on youth needs) and will require the incumbent to be available for day, evening and weekend work.
This position will be required to work in the community, field, and client homes, providing transportation to clients and office administrative duties.
Hourly wage starts at $23.36/hour.
- B.A or Post-Secondary education preferred
- Minimum two years of experience working with children and youth with complex needs
- Knowledge of community resources for youth
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing an asset
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and harm reduction principles
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated decision making abilities
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, issues of cultural diversity and colonialism
- Ability to work flexible hours required (hours dependent on youth needs)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Records Check required
Salary & Benefits as per CUPE contract
Closing date: Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Submit applications in confidence to:
Intervention and Outreach Team (IOT) Coordinator
NorWest Co-op Community Health
785 Keewatin Street, Winnipeg, MB
Email: [email protected]
We thank everyone who expressed interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19