OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Integrated Support Worker (0.4 D) Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Integrated Support Worker (0.4 D)
This position is located at the Main Street Project in Winnipeg Manitoba. The Main Street Project is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to…
In accordance with MSP’s mission, goals, policies and procedures, the Integrated Support Worker functions as a member of a team in providing services designed to assist marginalized individuals through episodes of crisis, support them in meeting their basic needs and ensure their safety and well-being while involved with any MSP program.
The Integrated Support Worker offers all MSP clients opportunities and encouragement to make choices that may lead to change, considering their individual circumstances and needs. The Integrated Support Worker is expected to work with MSP clients in a mutual effort to confront and overcome those conditions which have contributed to personal difficulties and to do so in a manner that encourages self-awareness, self-worth and increased independence and without judgment.
- Assist with preliminary intake with clients requesting MSP services
- Complete service documentation & all statistics as directed.
- Provide support without judgment, no matter the client’s presentation.
- Ensure that immediate needs are met through the provision of food, shelter, clothing, and personal hygiene supplies as needed.
- Work with individuals who may be intoxicated, suicidal or at risk to others.
- Work in highly emotional distressing circumstances, including incidents involving death.
- Refer clients to appropriate resources in the community.
- Ensure the client receives medical attention for physical injuries.
- Ensure cleanliness of the client and staff environment by following routine cleaning schedules each shift.
- Assess, document & intervene as indicated in critical incidents.
- Promote positive public relations in all work-related activities in order to maintain and strengthen respect for MSP and its community.
- Grade 12 education
- Suitable education and experience working in an organization that addresses both mental health and addiction issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in the addictions field is required
- Ability to work with a client-centered care philosophy
- Education/Training and experience in Suicide Intervention/Prevention and de-escalation training
- Crisis Intervention Training is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding/experience in working with culturally diverse populations is essential
- Complex trauma training an asset
The above information is intended to describe the general nature of this position and is not considered to be a complete statement of duties and responsibilities. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned provided they are consistent with the qualifications identified and fall within the parameters of this role and consistent with the mission of MSP.
This position is located at the Main Street Project in Winnipeg Manitoba. MSP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including matching employer pension.
MSP would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Main Street Project is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability and age.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08