OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Information Centre Clerk, Main Entry-Information Call Centre – Business & Innovative Services Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Information Centre Clerk, Main Entry-Information Call Centre – Business & Innovative Services
Position #20009470 Qualifications: Minimum Grade 12 education, Manitoba standards, required. Minimum of 35 wpm, basic alpha-numeric data entry skills and
- Minimum Grade 12 education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Minimum of 35 wpm, basic alpha-numeric data entry skills and proficiency in medical terminology as determined by the department.
- Computer skills required including Microsoft Office [Word, Excel and Outlook].
- Previous secretarial/receptionist or call centre experience required, hospital setting preferred.
- Good command of English (oral and written) and good interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must have excellent customer service (communication) skills and good telephone skills (including diction and telephone manner).
- Ability to adapt readily to emergency situations, and to work independently with minimal supervision, required.
- Preference will be given to candidates competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledgeable in Aboriginal customs, beliefs, and practices.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Main Entry – Information Centre, the incumbent is responsible for answering telephones, exercising judgement and using the automated database to access information and screen calls to make decisions as to the best way to route all inquiry calls including patient inquiries, general inquiries. Provides HSC receptionist functions by greeting, directing, and assisting internal and external customers. Monitors and announces all public address codes, including medical emergency and contingency codes; contacts physicians and Administrative Personnel via the use of the public address, internal and external paging systems; maintains daily records; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Position involves constant verbal communication and sitting for extended periods of time. Must have good manual dexterity. Must be able to perform more than one function concurrently. Will come into contact with difficult customers. Frequent interruptions, variations in temperature, use of VDT. Must be available to work various shifts.
Salary: Effective April 1, 2016 – $17.967, $18.506, $19.061, $19.633, $20.222, $20.829 C.U.P.E. Contract
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23