OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Informatics Specialist – Nursing Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Informatics Specialist – Nursing
Experience with carrying out business and clinical analysis; Provide clinical analysis, clinical business flow, current state/future state/gap analysis, to…
Under the mandate of this vision, the Informatics Specialist – Nursing reports to the Solution Group Manager and as part of a team of clinical informatics specialists within Manitoba eHealth, the incumbent provides nursing expertise to the clinical informatics support within the Business Solutions Unit working directly with the customer to:
- Provide clinical expertise within eHealth and our customer base
- Provide clinical analysis, clinical business flow, current state/future state/gap analysis, to ensure business and Manitoba eHealth goals are met and/or exceeded for patient care in Manitoba
- Understand the needs required to deliver safe and efficient patient care from current state and translate this into future state – in consideration of clinical application functionality
- Translate the healthcare culture and clinical thinking process used by clinicians and meld with technology solutions
- Ensure that all decisions for configuration are based on sound principles, evidence based practice, best practice
- Ensure that implementation and support is based on regional standards, inclusive of professional designation and legislation, and Federal and Provincial regulatory standards
- Provide clinical analysis, and expertise on outcomes relating to data, cost/benefits and enhancements to business processes, and eHealth benchmarks across the region and Canada wide
- Provide clinical analysis, and expertise on clinical testing, workflow and roles within the acute care sector
- Develop clinical adoption strategies and detailed change management plans
- Facilitate clinical adoption and clinical transformation activities across all aspects the Business Solutions Unit and manage adoption obstacles as they arise
- Continual assessment and analysis for risk to patient, patient safety, clinical care decision making, with mitigation plans to minimize / eliminate risk
- Provides ongoing assessment and analysis for risk to patient, patient safety, clinical processes for all clinicians, with prepared contingency plans to ensure business continuity
- Provide clinical strength, support and guidance in all aspects of command center ensuring the right roles are assigned to the right people at the right time for effective and efficient support
- Provide clinical leadership, guidance, direction and work contribution to ensure a solid clinical application is delivered that meets the business needs and benefits patient quality of care delivery
- Contribute to and participate in the development and execution of clinical training plans
- Facilitate the coaching of clinical leaders in change management principles and their practical application
- This role functions within both project and operations environments
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with a preference given to a Masters degree.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba required prior to assuming position.
- Formal education in Clinical Informatics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Project Management or a related field an asset.
- Masters preparation in the above or related fields an asset.
- Minimum 3- 5 years recent clinical experience and /or experience in healthcare management.
- Demonstrated experience related to clinical information system implementation(s) or other health system transformation projects.
- Providing clinical analysis, clinical business and work flow transformation, current state/future state/gap analysis, to ensure business and Manitoba eHealth goals are met and/or exceeded for patient care in Manitoba.
- Translating the healthcare culture and clinical thinking process used by clinicians and melding this with technology solutions.
- Providing clinical leadership, guidance, direction and work contribution to ensure a solid clinical application is delivered that meets the business needs and benefits patient quality of care delivery
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Sunrise Clinical Manager or other electronic health record system.)
- Experience with carrying out business and clinical analysis; including workflow process transformation, organizational change management and clinical adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate groups effectively.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Time and Project management skills or working with a major project an asset.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Member of a recognized Informatics Association is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license required.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24