OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Income Security Health Promoter – My Health Team Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Income Security Health Promoter – My Health Team
Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills. This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult…
Position # 20026996
HRSS # INC000002618710
My Health Team (Primary Care Network) is a collaborative partnership between independent primary care practices, community organizations and regional health authorities. Partners work closely with one another to plan, develop and provide enhanced local primary care services to the patient populations within their geographic area. This will support the patient journey through the health system and across community and acute care. The Income Security Health Promoter will provide direct care, chronic disease management and support of self-management for patients of a My Health Team network of primary care providers, where services needed are not available through existing services/providers or where these are not accessible within the required timeframes throughout the healthcare system.
Reporting to the My Health Team Manager, the Income Security Health Promoter will be responsible for the development and delivery of income security focused interventions necessary to support and address health needs and priorities of the networks patient population in liaison with My Health Team partners and inter-professional teams. The Income Security Health Promoter works in partnership with fee for service physicians, community organizations, Department of MB Families (Employment and Income Assistance)and Regional Health Authorities to provide income focused service important to support health education programs that maintain and promote the health of the Network’s patient population residing in the community area.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant healthcare discipline (e.g. Social Worker, Nursing, Social Sciences) required.
- A suitable combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Competent in Windows-based computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Previous experience with database software preferred.
- Minimum of two years (within the last five years) of directly related experience in a healthcare setting. Preference for experience in community based services and/or primary health care, particularly primary care services.
- Knowledge of the Employment and Income Assistance Program an asset.
- Related case management experience, including: conducting interviews; Providing supportive counselling; Performing assessment and planning, and service coordination with an emphasis on financial, employment, or disability related activities, in an integrated service or multi-program environment.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal historical experience and Cultural Safety an asset.
- Experience with Trauma Informed Care delivery an asset.
- Experience working with individuals/families from diverse backgrounds (cultural, financially disadvantaged, persons with disabilities, socially disadvantaged, new comers, etc.).
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer software; experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- Experience working in inter professional team; demonstrated ability to promote teamwork, collaboration and partnerships.
- Ability to plan, implement and deliver chronic disease management and self-management programming for individuals and groups.
- Ability to initiate and work independently.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of a population health approach, determinants of health, and equity, especially as it relates to chronic disease an asset.
- Demonstrated flexibility required for working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Understanding of fee for service family medicine work environment an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrates a professional approach in all situations.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and vehicle to carry out job responsibilities.
- May be exposed to physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the relevant regulatory body or willing to register after hire.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24