Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2015-01-26
Winnipeg Health Region Improvement Coach Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in the use of common software including spreadsheet, word processing, database, internet and email applications….
- Degree/diploma in a health care discipline, business or other related field preferred.
- Formal training in the implementation of organizational change initiatives such as Lean is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer systems and proficiency in the use of common software including spreadsheet, word processing, database, internet and email applications.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Continuous Improvement capacity (leading, facilitating, and coaching). Healthcare industry experience an asset.
- Extensive experience in coaching leaders to identify, define and implement process improvements that result in significant improvements in service delivery, increasing organizational effectiveness, and improving safety.
- Well-developed problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to coach and develop these skills in others.
- Training experience is required.
- Deep personal experience in applying lean and operational excellence principles to improving processes by creating lasting systems and teaching others. Lean training an asset.
- Extensive track record and preference for working with teams to solve problems. Comfortable with challenging team dynamics and conflict, and resiliency to see things through.
- A strong change agent with effective communication and influence skills. Willing to respectfully challenge for higher standards.
- Speaks with facts; is curious and interested in seeing into how things work.
- A scientific thinker who enjoys learning through deliberate experimentation.
- Role model that consistently embodies the principles of operational excellence in their day to day work.
- Patient / customer advocacy skills an asset.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning, receiving coaching and feedback, and personal development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.