OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Human Resources Director Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Human Resources Director
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check….
SALARY : Commensurate with education and qualifications
The Director of Human Resources at Seven Oaks Hospital serves to support all strategic initiatives of the Hospital from the human resource perspective. A primary focus is to drive employee engagement so as to positively impact the performance and service delivery that Hospital staff provides to patients/clients.
The Director leads and directs HR staff to ensure all core HR services are delivered in a timely, effective, and consistent manner. This involves working diligently with the WRHA HR Leadership team to identify, adopt and standardize HR best practices. The Director will focus on building relationships with the stakeholders within the portfolio.
- Undergraduate Degree in a relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Certificate in Human Resources Management.
- A minimum of five to seven (5 – 7) years of progressively senior experience in the field of Human Resources.
- Previous experience in healthcare management is an asset.
- Experience in program planning, development and managing services throughout a diverse portfolio is required.
- Experience in working within a unionized environment
- Must have excellent analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, communication skills, judgment and interpersonal skills. Integrity, dependability, honesty, initiative, tact and high ethical standards are required.
- Innovative and a highly motivated team player.
- Must have ability to lead and provide strategic HR advice to the organization
- Ability to interact effectively at all staff and administrative levels within the organization.
- Commitment to quality and customer-focused service is essential.
- Minimal physical effort is involved on a typical day except for the normal bending, stretching, standing and sitting for prolonged periods at a desk or during meetings.
- Must be self-directed and work independently.
- Frequent travel to various facilities/sites for general meeting purposes.
- Professional designation in Human Resources (CHRP) is preferred.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12