OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Home Support Worker – St. James Community Area Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Home Support Worker – St. James Community Area
The Home Care Program helps individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily…
* When hiring external applicant, preference will be given to applicant with a current Criminal Record Check.
*Please Note : This is an INDEFINITE TERM and is subject to 24 hours’ notice of expiry.
*Primary office is _280 Booth Drive. May be required to work in other Community Areas.
The Home Care Program helps individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily living.
Must be available to accept work as follows:
OFF OFF OFF
*A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required for this position.*
- Client supervision, household maintenance, laundry and meal planning/preparation.
- Follows protocol for routine practice and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment.
- Organizes work according to client needs and assigned tasks.
- Maintains accountability by working with program guidelines, and observing and reporting changes in client conditions to the Resource Coordinator, and maintain client confidentiality.
- Complete and submits timesheets, mileage reports and other documentation as required.
- Requires experience in client supervision, meal preparation housekeeping and laundry services.
- * Valid driver’s license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community. *
- Ability to travel between assignments in the community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Recent experience working with the elderly and/or physically disabled an asset.
- Ability to work independently in a community setting and function as a team member.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23