OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Health Care Assistant – ICU Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Health Care Assistant – ICU
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check (valid within 6 months of issue)….
ALL VGH EMPLOYEES REFLECT OUR HOSPITAL’S PHILOSOPHY BY CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE/CARE.
- Completed Grade XII or equivalent required. Completion of recognized Health Care Assistant course required or currently enrolled in a University Nursing Program and having completed year two (2).
- “Friends and Family training” is required. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support is required for positions in Emergency, Intensive Care and Central Relief Team.
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write, speak and understand English.
- The ability to complete the position on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate ability to provide continuous quality patient care.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Accept and work within the framework of the Hospital and Nursing Service’s philosophy, objectives and policies.
- Under the direction of the RN, provide designated/delegated aspects of patient care.
- Maintain and clean equipment and carry out other duties related to maintaining a safe, clean environment.
- Utilize a positive approach to problem solving in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Participate as a supportive and contributing member of the health care team.
- Respond to “Codes” as required.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check (valid within 6 months of issue). The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Note: This job description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23