OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Health Care Aide – Surgery – N2East Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Health Care Aide – Surgery – N2East
Friends and Family CPR training is required. Good physical health to meet the position demands. Position # 20053670….
Position # 20053670
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Registered Nurse (RN), the Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), and/or the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Recent patient care experience (in the last 4 years) required or equivalent will be considered
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized college/educational institution required
- Friends and Family CPR training is required. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required for positions in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Emergency (ER) with recertification required annually. (Certification must be obtained within 2 months of acquiring the position).
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people in a tactful, courteous and reassuring manner
- Demonstrated ability to organize and establish priorities
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all manners pertaining to the hospital, patients/residents and their families
- Good physical health to meet the position demands
- Satisfactory employment record required
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), a Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for all charges incurred.
All applicants must apply online before the expiry date to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05