OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Health Care Aide, Lodge 5 – REPOST Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Health Care Aide, Lodge 5 – REPOST
*This is an indefinite term where the employer will provide as much notice as possible to the incumbent of the expiry of their term. Qualifications: Grade
*This is an indefinite term where the employer will provide as much notice as possible to the incumbent of the expiry of their term.
- Grade XII or equivalent
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized educational institution
- Experience in a relevant clinical area preferred
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, reliability and creativity
- Functions effectively within a changing environment and an interdisciplinary team
- English fluency in both written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and support for Health Care Aide practice including basic principles of the techniques and procedures of patient/resident care related to activities of daily living; Non Violent Crisis Intervention; roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team; principles of personal care/rehab care/dementia care/chronic car.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload; to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities; to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands; to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
Directly accountable to the Manager of Patient/Resident Care, the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies their Manager or their designate (i.e. supervisors) of all occurrences, injuries illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
Environmental Conditions: Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring, and transporting patients/residents and equipment. May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals. May encounter exposure to disease, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens etc. Requires shift work, extended working hours.
Salary: As per the P.S.A.C. Collective Agreement
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Paper resumes are no longer accepted. All applicants must apply online before the closing date to be considered.
Thank you for your interest with the Deer Lodge Centre. Only those considered will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18