OverviewWinnipeg Health Region General Duty MRI Technologist – Diagnostic Imaging – MRI Child Health Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
General Duty MRI Technologist – Diagnostic Imaging – MRI Child Health
The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. Ability to function as an independent, self- directed professional and as a…
- Successful completion of a Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) recognized MRI program.
- Recent pediatric MRI experience preferred.
- Proficiency in IV starts on pediatric clients preferred.
- Previous experience in MRI research an asset.
- Proficient with computers, software programs (RIS and PACS systems) and applications such as Word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (MAMRT) upon hire and must become a registered member within three months of hire.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration with the CAMRT.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with WRHA policy #20.20.210.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively in an inter-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with clients and families.
- Knowledge of the emotional and psychosocial needs of children in hospitals and ability to apply the knowledge toward alleviating the trauma of undergoing medical imaging procedures for the client and family.
- Ability to promote a pediatric client oriented and personalized environment.
- Ability to adapt readily, and respond with initiative, to a changing environment, including the ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to respond to concurrent demands.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills. Ability to function as an independent, self- directed professional and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical analysis skills.
- Ability to use professional judgment to adapt and apply procedures, protocols and professional standards of care to new and changing technology and needs of others.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), an Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Under the general direction of the Manager Diagnostic Imaging Child Health or designate, the incumbent is responsible for: Performs safe, effective, high quality MRI procedures in collaboration with radiologists/physicians and other members of the healthcare team, and participates in clinical instruction, guidance and evaluation of students.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Close proximity to very strong magnetic fields, changing magnetic fields and radiofrequency waves. Electronic implants, prostheses and ferromagnetic implants may not be compatible with this working environment.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Ability to lift and position clients, who may be large, heavy and/or in a state of unconsciousness
- Occasionally required to work extended hours
- Potential exposure to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, equipment noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
Salary: Effective April 1, 2016 – $33.825, $34.842, $35.884, $36.963, $38.072, $39.219 MAHCP
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
The Children’s Hospital is a designated bilingual facility of the Winnipeg Health Region. Applicants who speak both official languages (English and French) are encouraged to apply.
L’Hôpital pour enfants est un établissement désigné bilingue de la Région sanitaire de Winnipeg. Les personnes qui parlent les deux langues officielles (français et anglais) sont invitées à postuler.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11