OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Education Facilitator, Focus on Falls Prevention Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Education Facilitator, Focus on Falls Prevention
As part of the Focus on Falls service, reporting to the Director of Quality Patient Safety, the Education Facilitator will provide strategic guidance in setting…
As part of the Focus on Falls service, reporting to the Director of Quality Patient Safety, the Education Facilitator will provide strategic guidance in setting operational objectives, establishing practices to ensure these goals are met and providing leadership direction for quality and educational programs for existing and emerging project concepts in both clinical and administrative arenas. Responsibility includes: assisting with the evaluation, implementation and maintenance of all project operations; responsible for collaborating with government, regional health authorities, healthcare providers, research agencies and the public for the development and promotion of vision care services issues as they relate to the project.
- Current registration with CRNM.
- Bachelor of Nursing required.
- Canadian Falls Prevention Curriculum required.
- Project management and education skills necessary.
- Master Degree in Nursing or related discipline preferred.
- Leadership, management and related education an asset.
- Instructor Trainer for the Focus on Falls Prevention vision screening kit.
- John Hopkins Low vision courses an asset.
- BLS Instructor an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ current Focus on Falls Prevention experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ current (within the last five (5) years) educational program planning and teaching experience required.
- Demonstrated project management skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership and critical thinking skills required.
- Experience in ophthalmology and geriatric nursing an asset.
- MDS and intermediate computer proficiency required.
- Experience with spreadsheet software, data collection and word processing necessary.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills required.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient and cooperative manner with minimal supervision.
- Experience working within a matrix model..
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- External Applicants: This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
- Physical health to meet the requirements of the position.
- A satisfactory employment record is required.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-28