OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Communications/Inquiry Clerk Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
On evening, night and weekend shifts communicates with the facility manager or administration on call as required….
Completion of Grade 12, Manitoba standards, required.
Computer keyboard skills required, minimum 35 wpm, including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Current knowledge of operating a multi-position (SL-1) switchboard.
Demonstrated mathematical ability.
Excellent customer service (English communication) skills and good telephone skills (including diction and telephone manner).
Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
Ability to work with minimal supervision and make and communicate decisions within scope of service.
Ability to adapt readily to emergency situations.
Ability to cope with fluctuating workload.
A satisfactory employment record is required.
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent is directly accountable to Supervisor, Patient Registration and Communication Services, for the performance of all assigned duties and responsibilities. On evening, night and weekend shifts communicates with the facility manager or administration on call as required. Answers all telephone and over-the-counter inquiries.
1. Responds to telephone inquiries regarding patients utilizing ATD patient information system.
2. Processes routine paging/messaging requests by accessing the appropriate technology or database, keying in concise messages (i.e. overhead paging, pagers).
3. Responsible for daily cash float including change requests, issuing petty cash, balancing, and preparation of daily cash drop sheet.
4. Processes parking passes for staff/physicians/public/students.
5. Accepts and processes credit card, cash, and direct payment transactions for payment of care, personal health information requests, parking passes, and issues receipts for same.
6. Maintains and issues taxi slip/books as required.
7. Processes petty cash reimbursement forms.
8. Order office supplies as required.
9. Orients, trains, and acts as mentor for new employees during probationary period.
10. Accepts, records, stores and releases valuables, and issues receipts for inpatient valuables.
11. Liaison with MTS regarding telephone repairs as required.
12. Provides battery and pager replacements for Grace pagers.
13. Calls appropriate replacement staff as required, following documented guidelines.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
This position description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) and Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Your cover letter, resume and/or application must cleardly indicate how you meet the qualifications. All applicants must apply online before the closing date to be considered. Thank you for your interest with the Grace Hospital. Only those considered will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24