OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Clinician-Mobile Crisis Service Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Clinician-Mobile Crisis Service
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check….
The Crisis Response Center is a ground-breaking development in the delivery of crisis services within Winnipeg, and is the first of its kind in Canada to offer a constellation of walk-in, mobile and scheduled crisis response services. This new service offers mental health crisis services seven days a week, 24 hours a day. The center includes a multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurses, social workers along with other clinicians and support workers with expertise in mental health as well as an understanding of the service needs of persons with an accompanying substance use disorder. Up to 20,000 people are anticipated to access the Crisis Response Services each year.
The Clinician, in partnership with the Crisis Worker, provides in person and telephone intervention to individuals in mental health and or Psychosocial Crisis. The team provides Crisis Intervention, Assessment, and Follow-up to the individual in Crisis and their family.
The Crisis Response Centre has a mandate to provide service in French; proficiency in both official languages as well as other languages will be considered an asset.
- BSW, BScMH, BScPN, BN, BMR(OT), RPN, RN, or related health/human service degree.
- Four years related community experience.
- Three years clinical experience required.
- Knowledge of Crisis Intervention Theory.
- Effective Crisis Intervention Skills.
- Expertise in the area of mental health.
- Knowledge and understanding of psychosocial rehab and recovery.
- Ability to perform a suicide risk estimation using the ASIST model and to develop a safety plan.
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders i.e.: addictions and mental health, related impact on family dynamics.
- Knowledge of community resources and procedures related to accessing the available services.
- Demonstrated competence in crisis intervention, psychosocial assessment, and other treatment modalities.
- Ability to perform a Mental Status Examination.
- Knowledge of the principles of primary health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective networking and agency relations skills.
- ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin testing as per WRHA Policy.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17