OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Clinical Practice Facilitator International Education Program for Nurses Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Clinical Practice Facilitator International Education Program for Nurses
Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing Education Program required. Successful completion of a recognized course in adult education principles and strategies…
ALL VGH EMPLOYEES REFLECT OUR HOSPITAL’S PHILOSOPHY BY CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE/CARE.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing Education Program required
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred
- Successful completion of a recognized course in adult education principles and strategies preferred
- Minimum 5 years recent Medicine experience required
- Demonstrated clinical competence required
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth required
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills required
- Recent experience as a preceptor preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Good physical & mental health required
- Ability to function effectively within a stressful environment required
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required
- Hours of work may include any shifts: days, evenings, nights, and weekends (Primarily Days/Evenings but occasional night shifts as required by the responsibilities of the position)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within an interdisciplinary team
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Responsible to maintain and provide proof of active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
- CNA certification in Medicine-Surgery preferred
- Excellent command of written and oral English required
POSITION SUMMARY Under the direction of the Manager of Patient Care, and in collaboration with the Red River Community College Internationally Educated Nursing Bridging Program Coordinator, the Clinical Practice Facilitator (CPF) is responsible for providing clinical expertise, guidance, mentoring, and support to student nurses new to the Medicine program. The CPF is a positive role model of excellence in professional practice, demonstrating a positive attitude and a commitment to the vision, values, and goals of the region/facility/unit, and promoting an interdisciplinary, patient-centered approach to care based on best available research evidence. The CPF fosters growth of the new staff member within an effective mentoring relationship with nurses, while supporting self-directed learning within the Medicine Program.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check (valid within 6 months of issue). The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Note: This job description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23