OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Clinic Assistant-AY2 Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Reporting to the Manager Facility & Support Services, the incumbent acts as a receptionist for clients and service providers, manages appointments and schedules…
Primary office is Access Transcona. May be required to work in other community areas.
The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is seeking a highly motivated AY2 – Clinic Assistant with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide administrative support to the Community IV Program (Home Care). Reporting to the Manager Facility & Support Services, the incumbent acts as a receptionist for clients and service providers, manages appointments and schedules in Accuro, participates in client care functions, maintains client charts and databases, maintains medication and supply inventories using a standardized checklist, performs a variety of clerical support functions and maintains site organization and environmental controls. The incumbent will contribute to a respectful work environment and participate in workload sharing and coverage within the Community administrative support team for the program and clinics within the community area(s).
- Completion of a high school or equivalent program of studies.
- Successful completion of a Unit Clerk or Medical Office Assistant course required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- A minimum of two years related healthcare experience is required.
- Experience in email and computerized calendar is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Access would be an asset.
- Keyboarding speed of 40 wpm is required.
- Data entry experience required.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining a filing system, client records and compiling statistics.
- Excellent communication skills with switchboard/receptionist experience.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively work as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with mail distribution, photocopying and faxing is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a heavy workload under pressure to meet deadlines is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a community health care office would be an asset.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-20