OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Brief Treatment Counsellor Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Brief Treatment Counsellor
Primary office is currently 135 Plaza Drive., However may be required to work at other sites within South Winnipeg Integrated Health and Social Services, as…
Primary office is currently 135 Plaza Drive., However may be required to work at other sites within South Winnipeg Integrated Health and Social Services, as well as other community areas.
Position # 20025179
The Brief Treatment Counsellor is a member of the South Winnipeg Mental Health Team and will provide brief solution-focused therapy and short-term support to individuals accessing mental health services in the South Winnipeg area. Working within an integrated team approach, the Brief Treatment Counsellor will contribute to the overall improved health status of clients accessing the service through the provision of expert mental health clinical counselling interventions. Services are provided within a framework of advanced clinical practice, including consultation, assessment and brief solution-focused therapeutic interventions.
The Counsellor will work collaboratively and interactively with the South Winnipeg Mental Health Team and within South Winnipeg Integrated Health and Social Services, functioning as a Mental Health Clinician, and liaising with other sectors within the health care system as required. The Counsellor will be required to function as an autonomous mental health expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical designation, Clinical Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current licensure or registration in designated field.
- Minimum 5 years mental health clinical experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and advanced level experience in clinical assessment and treatment modalities, including individual, couple, family and group therapy assessments and interventions.
- Crisis intervention experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to use problem resolution skills to handle sensitive and complex issues.
- Ability to work in a community care setting as a member of a multidisciplinary team serving diverse populations and presenting issues.
- Demonstrated ability to function creatively and independently.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours in terms of balancing group versus individual work; balancing the ability to consult with other professionals and service providers as required.
- Knowledge and experience in solution-focused therapy and CBT interventions.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT) .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-18