OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Application Administrator, Community & LTC IT Operations-Manitoba eHealth Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Application Administrator, Community & LTC IT Operations-Manitoba eHealth
Minimum of five years’ experience in a health care setting with a focus on health information management, or supporting clinical or electronic health record…
Manitoba eHealth is a provincial program administered by the WRHA that provides information and communication technology to the health care sector across the province, bridging new clinical and business processes. As part of the Community and Long Term Care Solution Group, the Application Administrator will primarily support the Momentum Healthware MDS and Care Management application that provides assessment and care planning functionality in 40 personal care homes in Winnipeg and assist in the transition to Momentum’s Convergence platform known as the Collaborative Health Record (CHR) service.
Under the general direction of the Solution Group Manager, the Application Administrator will be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide day-to-day end user support on the Momentum MDS 2.0 and Care Management applications.
- Escalate issues to the vendor when necessary.
- Execute operational support processes (Incident and Change Management).
- Monitor data quality.
- Provide secondary support services to the Application Administrator assigned to the Momentum Healthware Convergence software (CHR service).
- Successful completion of a university degree or community college diploma program in computer sciences, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a health care setting with a focus on health information management, or supporting clinical or electronic health record systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with various health related software, application administration, data management.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with end-users, Manitoba eHealth staff, health professionals and external contacts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation and instructional skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and prioritize demands to meet deadlines and achieve MS-Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio, PPT) required.
- Experience with application security roles, managing end-user security and access, and various access processes are an asset.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Salary: commensurate with education and qualifications
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume re ceived after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23