OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Aide/Clerk- 5 South (Psychiatry) Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Aide/Clerk- 5 South (Psychiatry)
The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. This position has the dual responsibility of a Healthcare Aide and Ward Clerk….
Position # 20050573
- Grade 12 education.
- Health Care Aide Certificate and Unit Clerk Certificate from a recognized school or equivalent.
- Completion of a comprehensive course in medical terminology is required.
- Ability to type accurately as well as current computer skills and knowledge of software applications.
- Ability to train and participate as part of the Code Blue Response team.
- Ability to train and participate as part of the Code White Response team.
- Ability to train and participate as part of the Code Yellow Response team.
- One or two years related work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write, speak, and understand English.
- Demonstrated self- direction, flexibility and creativity in work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that promote professionalism, interdepartmental collaboration and customer service.
- An aptitude and desire to provide direct patient care.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, demonstrated through excellence in time management, organization and prioritization of work.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the hospital, patients, and their families.
- The ability to work safely without injury to self or to patients.
- Demonstrated ability to lift and transfer patients on a frequent basis, utilizing proper body mechanics and mechanical devices.
This position has the dual responsibility of a Healthcare Aide and Ward Clerk. Under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides personal care to patients/ residents by providing for, and promoting personal hygiene, activity and rest, nutrition, elimination, safety and quality of life, in accordance with individualized care plans, and the Unit’s philosophy, principle functions, and goals. Performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties which includes arranging patient’s appointments, retrieving patient information, processing physician’s orders, recording statistics, assisting with non-nursing functions related to patient care, answering the telephone and relaying messages, and ordering supplies.
This position description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) and Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Your cover letter, resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. All applicants must apply online before the closing date to be considered. Thank you for your interest with the Grace Hospital. Only those considered will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20