OverviewWinnipeg Health Region Administrative Secretary 2 Temporary in Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg Health Region
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Administrative Secretary 2
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check….
Position # 20000279
Reporting to the Manager, Facility and Support Services, the duties of the incumbent may include: general administrative support for Community Health Programs; switchboard/ reception; word processing; data entry; processing and/or distributing incoming and outgoing mail or fax documents; photocopying; filing and records maintenance; statistical data collection; monitoring inventory and distributing office or medical supplies; booking appointments and meeting rooms; maintaining a daily staff away/coverage list for reception use; and a variety of other office duties as required. The incumbent must contribute to a respectful work environment and participate in workload sharing and coverage within the administrative support team for the site and offices within the community area(s).
- Completion of a high school or equivalent program of studies; formal post secondary education in applied office skills is required.
- Two years related experience is required.
- Experience in Email and computerized calendars is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Access and PowerPoint would be an asset.
- Keyboarding speed of 40 wpm is required.
- Data entry experience would be an asset.
- Experience maintaining records and compiling statistics.
- Excellent communication skills with switchboard/receptionist experience.
- Experience with mail distribution, photocopying and faxing.
- Administrative experience in health care office would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining a filing system.
- Ability to effectively work as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and organize a heavy workload, under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-12