OverviewWindsor Salt Labourer Full Time in Pugwash, NS
Branch Pugwash NS CA
Standing for long periods of time. The Labourer position requires candidates to have the ability to successfully complete training and demonstrate proficiency…
Pugwash, Nova Scotia
It’s more than just the white, granular seasoning that enhances the flavour of so many foods. Salt is one of the most widely used minerals on Earth. It’s a natural preservative that inhibits the growth of bacteria, and an essential element in our diet.
We are headquartered in Pointe-Claire (Québec) and employ more than 800 people in our three evaporated salt plants and three rock salt mines. We have employees across Canada in our network of warehouses and salt storage facilities. Our distribution centres are strategically located to serve Canada’s geographically dispersed markets, employing truck, rail and marine transportation.
Products made from evaporated salt (salt recovered from brine) are used in household and food products, as well as for agricultural, water softening and industrial purposes. Those made from mined rock salt are also sold to household and industrial markets for ice control, and to the water softening and general industrial trades.
The Candidate reports to the Production Supervisor and is responsible to ensures safe and efficient operation of an assigned production line. The Candidate is responsible for package goods production and expected to master operation of various lines: pellet press, compactor, rectangle line, block press, and bagging lines. Candidates will be expected to work various fixed and rotating shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Labourer position requires candidates to have the ability to successfully complete training and demonstrate proficiency to operate both automatic and manual baggers, drive a forklift, provide plant general labor and operate equipment on a high speed packaging line. Experiences with safety and GMP requirements are essential. Operators will be required to perform manual lifting and must be able to lift 55 lbs., perform repetitive activities, enter confined spaces, climb ladders, and wear a respirator. This job will require bending and kneeling for completion of various jobs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• High School Diploma, post-secondary education would be an asset
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience operating manufacturing and packaging equipment
• Ability to read and understand English work instructions.
• Strong communication skills and ability to learn and understand and follow policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with all QC Requirements (GMP, HAACP) and Customer Specifications
• Standing for long periods of time
• Must be able to perform duties with little or no supervision, show good judgment and initiative
• Must keep work area and equipment clean
• Must be able to perform minor equipment preventative maintenance and lubrication
• The position is 40 hours per week and will require shift and weekend work
• Must be able to comply with all safety regulations and policies and wear all required PPE, access all work areas
• Varied temperature environment with exposure to salt dust
To apply, please visit www.windsorsalt.com/careers.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Pugwash, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23