OverviewWindsor Salt Journeyman Electrician Full Time in Belle Plaine, SK
Branch Belle Plaine SK CA
Belle Plaine, SK
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, assist and tend to the charge and control of maintaining operational electrical equipment from…
K+S WINDSOR SALT LTD
Based in: Regina, Saskatchewan
It’s more than just the white, granular seasoning that enhances the flavour of so many foods. Salt is one of the most widely used minerals on Earth. It’s a natural preservative that inhibits the growth of bacteria, and an essential element in our diet.
We are the leader in Canada!
K+S Windsor Salt Ltd are headquartered in Pointe-Claire (Québec) and employ more than 900 people in our four evaporated salt plants and three rock salt mines. We have employees across Canada in our network of warehouses and salt storage facilities. Our distribution centers are strategically located to serve Canada’s geographically dispersed markets, employing truck, rail and marine transportation.
Products made from evaporated salt (salt recovered from brine) are used in household and food products, as well as for agricultural, water softening and industrial purposes. Those made from mined rock salt are also sold to household and industrial markets for ice control, and to the water softening and general industrial trades.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, assist and tend to the charge and control of maintaining operational electrical equipment from distribution of power, diagnosing malfunctioning equipment & troubleshooting electrical/controls problems, repair electrical assets responding timely to any electrical issues within the plant. These duties will require occasional overtime call-ins. Therefore, you will:
• Ensure that facility electrical apparatus meets all requirements of the Canadian Electrical Code.
• Follow the policies, rules, and regulations of the corporation including obtaining the appropriate safe work permits.
• Maintain, control and further develop electrical documentation and drawings for facility machinery as necessary.
• Carry out routine electrical safety inspections as well as assist with utility metering instrumentation and routine reporting of meter readings.
• Assist with the control and further development of maintenance and operation procedures for electrical equipment as required.
• Develop further skill and expertise towards industrial instrumentation and automation controls & software (PLC’s).
• Perform other duties or projects as required or as assigned by management.
• Journeyman Electrician Ticket
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a industrial environment
• Good leadership and project management skills
We offer an excellent compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Excellent fringe benefits
• Pension plan
• Compensation based on performance
To apply for this position, please visit www.windsorsalt.com/careers
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Belle Plaine, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23