Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-04
Whole Foods Market Specialty (Cheese, Housewares, Gourmet) Team Member Full Time in Victoria, BC
Whole Foods Market
Branch Victoria BC CA
Specialty (Cheese, Housewares, Gourmet) Team Member
Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members….
Provide support as a member of the Specialty team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Specialty floor and displays, and selling product in support of the regional Specialty vision. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members. Specialty departments at most WFM stores include cheese, coffee, tea, housewares and other specialty foods and products.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Prepare food items;:cut, wrap, and price cheese and other products.
- Assist customers in selecting cheese, housewares, and other specialty products.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment by sweeping floors and completing sweep logs.
- Assist with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all Specialty equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
- Team Oriented
- Customer Service Focus