OverviewWestoba Credit Union Ltd. Member Service Representative II Full Time Full Time in Rivers, MB
Westoba Credit Union Ltd.
Branch Rivers MB CA
Member Service Representative II Full Time
Credit union banking system, email and telephone systems. Respond to member telephone inquires as determined by the branch organizational structure by answering…
Enriching lives and communities by helping financial dreams come true.
- A trusted partner and community leader
- An engaged employer creating a community at work
- Financially strong, sustainable and globally connected
We Value and Embrace:
- Commitment to people
- Innovative thinking and change
- Learning and knowledge
- Honest, open and shared communication
- Solutions delivered with excellence
Under general supervision, performs a variety of member client service transactions within clearly defined policies and procedures. Duties include providing over-the-counter deposit services such as: accepting deposits, cashing cheques, processing bill payments, calculating foreign and domestic exchange, processing loan payments and selling negotiable items (i.e. traveler’s cheques, money orders and drafts). The position is responsible for responding to member client inquiries and taking action to reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts. Routinely receives and pays cash or other negotiable items, is responsible for custody, balancing and security of cash, maintains assigned cash limits and balances transactions daily. Perform a variety of routine accounting functions including the reconciliation or balancing of subsidiary financial controls and financial control reports. The position responds to member client inquiries on all credit union products and services and identifies opportunities to cross sell or refer sales opportunities and opening and closing accounts to other staff. You will contribute to the overall success of Westoba by providing a high level of service consistent with “The Winning Play for Tellers & Sales and Service Partners” to all our members and Sales and Service partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
Sales & Service:
*Administrative functions may be rotated quarterly to ensure cross training and subject to volumes and timetables.
Risk Management & Internal Control:
Teamwork & Organizational Contribution:
Position Requirements & Specifications
- Minimum: Grade 12 or equivalent
- Preferred: Certificate, Diploma, Degree relating to Business Accountancy, Business Administration or Office Administration
Experience, Knowledge Base & Training:
- Entry level position and preference given to those with previous credit union or financial institution experience.
- Credit union knowledge, philosophies and principles.
- Basic math calculations (manual and calculator derived)
- Credit union products and services
- Knowledge & understanding of credit union policies and procedures.
- Credit union banking system, email and telephone systems.
If this is you, we want to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the APPLY button below. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration, will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Rivers, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30