OverviewWestoba Credit Union Ltd. Business Analyst Full Time Full Time in Brandon, MB
Westoba Credit Union Ltd.
Branch Brandon MB CA
Business Analyst Full Time
Maintain the Credit Union’s Business Process Management system. Develop and maintain the Credit Union’s Business Process Management system….
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the PMO & Continuous Improvement Lead, the Business Analyst is a highly skilled individual charged with helping the organization achieve its goals that are aligned to Strategic Priorities, Mission, Vision, and Values.
This individual will be responsible for identifying problems, needs, and opportunities for improvement at all levels of the Credit Union. They will also be responsible for supporting strategic initiatives by analysing opportunities, risks, return on investment, and impact on process. This individual will be a key contributor of a robust continuous improvement program in the organization, based on Six Sigma and Lean methodologies, designed to bring process improvement and savings to the organization through targeted improvement activities.
The position will require strong organizational skills along with the ability to align strategic priorities to tactical execution, well-developed business acumen, and strong coaching skills.
The position incumbent will contribute to the overall success of Westoba by providing a high level of service to all internal and external members/customers and supporting the cultural shift to a NIMBLE organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Through personal leadership and example, create and maintain a constructive culture that is conducive to team achievement, improvement, professionalism and the efficient delivery of service to internal and external members
- Foster a work environment where team members are knowledgeable, professional and capable of performing their tasks
- Develop, mentor, and coach staff to ensure organizational objectives are achieved and member/staff receive a consistent level of high quality personalized service.
- Other duties as assigned
Role Specific Functions
- Proponent of the Credit Union’s continuous improvement program
- Lead and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Enable change by defining issues and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders
- Provide the organization with continuous improvement mentorship on methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean
- Provide analytical expertise and support on projects and initiatives
- Analyze data and interpret information for the use of Business Intelligence
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations based on Business Intelligence data
- Lead and facilitate process improvements through projects and kaizen events
- Develop and maintain the Credit Union’s Business Process Management system
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Assess and improve processes through identification of best practices, standardization, and analysis
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes across the organization
- Perform cost benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to help management make implementation decisions.
Grow Our Business – Sales & Service
- Actively promote the credit union in the community, foster business development and make necessary referrals to appropriate departments.
Teamwork & Organizational Contribution
- Facilitate an environment for team work and cross functional teams
- Provide coaching and mentoring of Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Portray a good sense of teamwork and establish team relationships with other staff members by displaying a willingness to assist others and contribute to team goals by offering ideas and suggestions in a positive manner.
Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Manage initiative risks such as schedule, resources, scope, and budget. Assist in the development of monitoring and tracking tools for projects and end processes
- Provide regular communication on continuous improvement initiatives
- Documentation following the Credit Union’s project management approach
- Develop a structured repository for all continuous improvement historical documents on SharePoint.
- Maintain the Credit Union’s Business Process Management system
Learning & Development
- A demonstrated history of continual learning and development, coupled with a strong understanding of project and business process management.
- A demonstrated history of promoting continuous improvement in other roles.
- An understanding of the Credit Union system and the financial services industry.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education diploma or degree in Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years leading continuous improvement activities in an organization.
- Experience in data management; statistical analysis and process management
- Demonstrated success in implementing process improvement initiatives
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Sound strategic thinking, planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Solid people management skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Specialist designation
- IIBA certification
- Combination of Education and Experience will be considered
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret data
- Strong Problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to identify and create new ideas/solutions
- Written and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills, attention to detail
- Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization. Both verbal and written.
- Computer software – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project), Visio, Minitab, EASE or Maynard’s Most
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Strong organization, time management, and task priority
- Managerial courage
- Interest and willingness to help others
- Effective facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively lead and build teams
Working conditions/Physical Requirements
- Regular business hours are Monday to Friday and some time will be required outside of these hours, which could include evenings and weekends.
- Mainly an office setting but the individual could be required to attend tradeshows or special events that could take the individual outside of the office environment. Please note that the location of these events varies and could be at venues that are outdoors.
- There are no specific physical requirements of the job. The job does involve spending large amounts of time working at a desk in front of a computer.
- Position is primarily non-physical; however some minor lifting is required.
- Some travel is required of this job. It would mainly include travel within Manitoba, normally between Credit Union locations, but could be extended to within Canada depending on the opportunity (i.e. conferences, professional development)
If this is you, we want to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the APPLY button below. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration, will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brandon, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11