OverviewWestminster Savings Credit Union Planner Full Time in Surrey, BC
Westminster Savings Credit Union
Branch Surrey BC CA
Today we are poised for growth. Proven track record in achieving or exceeding sales goals and targets. Working out of a location within our branch network, your…
Achieve Better Balance at Westminster Savings
Westminster Savings is one of Canada’s largest credit unions, with $3.2 billion in assets under management, more than 55,000 members and over 400 employees. We have four lines of business – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, and Auto/Equipment Leasing. At Westminster Savings we look beyond accounts, rates and products and are committed to delivering real and tangible value to our customers.
Westminster Savings is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for the third consecutive year. We’ve created a culture that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, our customers and our communities.
The Planner is responsible for the management and proactive development of a portfolio of high value customers. Working out of a location within our branch network, your responsibilities include providing expertise and advice to clients on all aspects of financial planning including investments, retirement, estate and tax planning and ensuring the continued growth and/or retention of a portfolio of credit union clients. You are also an expert resource in the wealth management area for all credit union employees. The Planner will report to the Director, Wealth Management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Delivering the full financial planning experience by implementing the CFP’s six steps of financial planning including discovery, gathering data, analysis, presentation of the financial plan, implementation and ongoing monitoring to target market
- Establishing and implementing a sales plan that focuses on attracting and retaining new members in the high net worth segment
- Developing internal referral sources, centers of influence (COI’s), improving profitability and developing business from existing members, and reviewing market data to determine new market potential
- Maintaining up to date financial planning and investment industry knowledge by participating in training programs/industry courses
- Monitoring and ensuring personal and corporate goals are being met/exceeded
Skills & Requirements:
- CFP Designation & Level 2 Life Insurance License an asset
- 3 years’ experience in a related position
- Mutual fund license required; IIROC license an asset
- Proven track record in achieving or exceeding sales goals and targets
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
This position will be based out of a branch within our retail network. You will be scheduled Monday to Friday which is subject to change based on the requirements of the organization and the department.
Today we are poised for growth. We’d like to invite you to come and talk about working in a place where you can make a difference.
For information please contact Kevin Dombrova at [email protected] or 604 519 4305.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23