OverviewWestminster Savings Credit Union Financial Services Representative Part Time in Coquitlam, BC
Westminster Savings Credit Union
Branch Coquitlam BC CA
Financial Services Representative
Financial Services Representative, Coquitlam (Part-time, 20 hours/ week). The Financial Services Representative is a key team player in the branch, arranging…
Westminster Savings is one of Canada’s largest credit unions, with $3.2 billion in assets under management, more than 55,000 members and over 400 employees. We have four lines of business – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, and Auto/Equipment Leasing. At Westminster Savings we look beyond accounts, rates and products and are committed to delivering real and tangible value to our customers and communities.
Having been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 3 consecutive years we are proud of the culture we’ve created – one that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, invest in potential and celebrate our wins, both big and small. There is a shared sense of pride at Westminster Savings in the work we do every day and an unwavering commitment to our employees’ continued success. It is so much more than a job at Westminster Savings. Join a team that is as committed to your career as you are.
Financial Services Representative, Coquitlam (Part-time, 20 hours/ week)
The Financial Services Representative is a key team player in the branch, arranging meetings while also assisting walk-in customers. In this dynamic, fast-paced role you work with our customers and their families to help them achieve their financial goals. Whether that is an auto loan for their first car, a term deposit to help save for the future, or introducing them to one of our branch experts to talk about buying a home – you are the master of all trades. We have a great team at Westminster Savings that can help our customers meet and exceed their financial goals– and that starts with you.
- Handling financial transactions including, but not limited to, opening of new personal or business accounts, setting up new term deposits, retirement savings plans, RESP’s, Travelers Cheques
- Performing initial loan interview with customers (getting to know their needs and goals), requesting documentation, and reviewing loan applications
- Handling estates documentation and requirements for disbursement of funds
- Achieving individual sales targets (you got this!)
- Referring members to appropriate experts for investments, mutual funds and/or financial planning.
Is this job for you?
You have a passion for customer service and love nothing more than building that relationship and making your customers happy. You are always looking to find better solutions for your customer, and always keep their best interest in mind. You are a collaborative team player with a genuine, caring approach in every customer and peer interaction. Must haves include previous front-line experience in a financial institution including lending experience.
This is a part-time position. You are guaranteed 20 hours per week and you must be available to work Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays, plus additional days as required. This may change based on the requirements of the branch and the organization.
What we can offer you:
- An employer that values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself while making a difference in the financial well-being of others.
- A financially-stable and growing team that believes in providing world class service in our local setting.
- An employee focused culture that provides extensive learning and career development opportunities.
- An organization that was recognized as one of Canada’s Best 50 Employers for 3 consecutive years.
If you like what you read above, please see below to begin your application!
For information and to apply, please visit www.wscu.com
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12