OverviewWestjet Airlines Guest Service Ambassador-Temp Temporary in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Guest Service Ambassador-Temp
Assisting wheelchair guests on and off of aircraft, pushing wheelchairs, lifting luggage to baggage belts, organizing odd/large luggage, among many other tasks….
Salary Band: Band GS
Posting Open Date: 07/29/2015
Posting Close Date: 08/17/2015 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm EST)
The Guest Service Ambassadors are vital to the smooth operation at the Montreal Airport. They will offer exceptional Customer Service to our guests by providing directions and offering assistance, as well as supporting our Customer Service Agents during our busy time periods.
As an Guest Service Ambassador, you will:
• Greet and provide general airport directions to guests with the WestJet attitude and customer service excellence.
• Assist our guests who have special needs (pushing wheelchairs, escorting unaccompanied minors, guiding people with visual impairments)
• Move and lift bags to baggage belts
• Handle line control during peak check-in times
• Groom the aircraft to ensure our guests have the best possible experience with us
• Drive the ‘Folkswagon’ in the airport terminal
• Acting as a Welcome Ambassador for our arriving guests at the Ottawa Airport
• A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to communicate with people.
• 1 year of customer service experience is an asset.
• Experience working in a team dynamic under stressful & busy situations.
• Flexible to work shift work within the 7days of the week – early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Able to lift 60 lbs/27 kgs repetitively.
• Able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada.
• Able to pass a criminal background check
The Guest Service Ambassador role is a highly physical one; agents are required to be on their feet for long periods of time. Other physical tasks will include (but are not limited to): assisting wheelchair guests on and off of aircraft, pushing wheelchairs, lifting luggage to baggage belts, organizing odd/large luggage, among many other tasks
WestJet is Canada’s most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada’s most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land – powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30