OverviewWestern Forest Products Finance Co-Op / Internship Internship in Vancouver, BC
Western Forest Products
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Finance Co-Op / Internship
Credit applications support – assist in existing customer credit review and new customer credit review. Support ERP implementation….
Western Forest Products is recruiting for MBA or Commerce students for Internship Opportunities with Western. Assignments are designed to allow you to initiate and manage projects relative to your experience and our business needs.
These are true real-world work scenarios and the assignments are designed to provide you with meaningful experiences along with the opportunity to work alongside dynamic industry leaders who are interested in your success.
Areas of business focus would include some of the following key projects:
- Sales accounting team – prepare weekly/monthly sales accounting analysis; support ERP implementation
- Corporate reporting team – prepare quarterly reporting materials by way of rolling forward past quarter and inputting latest financial data; update historical reporting summary
- Provide support to tax analysis, reporting and compliance projects
- Credit applications support – assist in existing customer credit review and new customer credit review
- Business Analysis – develop business models to enhance profits and react quickly in a fast paced, changing environment. Provide fact-based data and analysis for strategic operating plans and decisions
- Research and analysis of specific business or policy issues, research impacts to business and make recommendations for appropriate changes
Job Requirements If you have the following attributes and qualifications we would like to hear from you:
- Prior business experience in finance or accounting
- Completion of at least 1st year of commerce or MBA program
- A keen, inquisitive mind and a willingness to learn
- Strong data gathering and analysis skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, with a particular emphasis on Excel, Access and other MS Office environment.
- Previous industry experience would be interesting
At Western Forest Products, we are dedicated to our profession, our co-workers, our communities, our company and our customers. We are inspired and committed to achieving excellence reflected in Western’s products, processes and culture of continuous improvement and Innovation.
We would like to get to know you . Application package should include your resume and cover letter including:
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11