OverviewWestern Forest Products FILING SUPERINTENDENT Full Time in Nanaimo, BC
Western Forest Products
Branch Nanaimo BC CA
(Applicable knowledge of occupational health & safety regulations and an exceptional personal safety record history)….
Reporting to the General Manager of Manufacturing, the incumbent is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of the Filing Departments and personnel in our seven sawmilling facilities.
Job Requirements You are a highly motivated individual who recognizes the value of a team-oriented approach in the performance of this challenging position. You bring to the job an exceptional safety record and a willingness to work with Western Forest Products in reaching its safety, environmental and production objectives.
As an interprovincial TQ in the filing trade and with a strong working knowledge of sawmills and their processes and a minimum 5 years’ experience in a unionized environment, key duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Foster a safety culture in the Filing departments that fits with Western’s Safety Targets and Goals. (Applicable knowledge of occupational health & safety regulations and an exceptional personal safety record history).
- Encourage a dynamic Filing Team that is driven to improving saw performance and machine uptime, both internally as well as involving outside sources.
- Actively engage with other trades to increase machine performance and creatively resolving on-going issues.
- Assign and monitor team resource deployments across multiple sites and flexibly manage and adapt resources and team to dynamic business growth opportunities.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
- Develop sustainable work relationships to ensure positive resolutions with all contacts.
- Organizational and time management skills to develop complex schedules and estimate engineering/design work-hours for all tasks.
- Mediation, negotiation and contractor management skills will be instrumental in successful daily applications.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interpret and implement Company policies and procedures.
- Sound judgment and a demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
Amongst your peers and those who report to you, you are considered to be a good leader with excellent communication skills. Additionally, you are focused on safely increasing saw reliability and improving machine performance to increase uptime at the lowest possible cost. Well-developed computer skills are considered an asset for this position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nanaimo, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30