OverviewWest Works Group Inc. Organization Design Consultant Contract in Calgary, AB
West Works Group Inc.
Branch Calgary AB CA
Organization Design Consultant
Change management experience. Specialist, the Consultant will be part of a cross-functional team that includes change management, project management, process…
The Organization Design Consultant is a project role assigned to lead the organizational optimization of several related functions within the clients company. The role is responsible to execute against the clients organization methodology to design, develop and deliver the mandates, operating models and team structures for in scope project functions. Reporting directly to the Design Sr. Specialist, the Consultant will be part of a cross-functional team that includes change management, project management, process design, business SMEs and HR business partners.In addition, this role will serve as support and advisor to the Organization Design Lead in the stand-up of program deliverable templates and standards. It will provide expertise and coaching to support consistency in the delivery of work.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide advisory and support in the development and deployment of the program deliverable templates. Tasks and activities include:
- Ensure deliverable templates align to the organizations design methodology, promote consistency and quality and support the delivery of pre-determined business outcomes
- Provide operating model and organization design experience to assess methodology effectiveness, gaps and risks
- Support the development and delivery of key messages and communications
Responsible for delivering assessment of current-state organization alignment to future-state model. Tasks and activities include:
- Provide strategic, enterprise-wide system perspective to functions to ensure effective alignment to enterprise strategy and integration with related functions.
- Conduct functional assessments, analysis and risk assessment leveraging assessment standards
- Report on findings, risks and recommendations for prioritization and scope of work
Responsible for delivering the strategies/mandates and delivery models for in scope functions. Tasks and activities include:
- Work with the project lead and business SMEs to facilitate the design of functional mandates and delivery model that aligns with the overall company strategy, business priorities and operating model
- Ensure functional mandates are mutually exclusive and do not overlap with other functions within scope and out of project scope
- Ensure the functional delivery models identify and differentiate core capabilities, processes and competencies from enabling capabilities, processes and technologies
- Leverage project templates and methodology to design, review and gain approval of functional strategy and delivery model.
Oversee and coordinate process and technological design to align with functional mandate. Tasks and activities include:
- Identify in-scope processes, cross functional processes and supporting processes
- Identify accountabilities of processes
- Support the development of process hierarchy and process design to level 3
- Ensure process deliverables format to functional model program standards
Responsible for building organization & team structure. Tasks and activities include:
- Leveraging the functional mandate, delivery model and processes work with functional leaders and SMEs to design the organization model (top-down)
- Design the bottom-up organization structure
- Build job descriptions that include roles, responsibilities, accountabilities.
- Work with the relevant business and HR service teams to ensure organization structure and job descriptions are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive, is efficient and complies to organization design, talent management and compensation & leveling principles.
Partner with the HR Business Partners, Change Management and the relevant functional leads to develop the transition & stand-up transition plan. Tasks and activities include:
- Identify the organization transition gap from current to future
- Identify and gain agreement on organization transition philosophy and approach
- Support the development of an organization transition plan
- Support HR Business Partners and Change Management in to coordinate of HR services required to support the organization transition
- Support the HR Business Partner in rolling out the organization and job descriptions to functional team members
- May be required to execute tasks and responsibilities not listed in this job description.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada with Consulting experience
- Strategy and operating model development & delivery
- Organization transformation experience
- Organizational design expertise
- Change management experience
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25