Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-01-10
West Coast Machining Quality Control Technician Full Time in Delta, BC
West Coast Machining
Branch Delta BC CA
Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for producing quality assurance documents to release to certain customers at the time of shipment….
Quality Control Technician:
- To verify quality of machined metal parts throughout various stages of manufacturing including but not limited to Raw material: rough and finished machined, assembled .
- Quality Control Inspector performs inspections, checks, and tests on incoming, in-process and finished material, components & product using calibrated tools and CMM equipment. The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for producing quality assurance documents to release to certain customers at the time of shipment. This position supports the company with assessments of the conformity of QM and Occupational Health and Safety business systems through internal audits.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that parts and processes are compliant to customer and regulatory requirements. Identify, quarantine, and document quality problems with parts or processes and report them to machine operators and lead person and/or shop managers. Inspect initial part of production run, work-in-process and production parts from previous shifts. Inspect parts on the shelf ready for plating/coating. Spot checks in -process parts from various machines. Check inspection tools on a daily basis with standards. Complete First Article Inspections in accordance with ISO 9001 standards. Measure and record parts
- Operate Mitutoyo CMM
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work overtime with little notice, must be flexible
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidate with at least 3 years experience with Quality Control in manufacturing (machine shop environment preferred).
- This position most suitable to a Journeyman machinist with excellent skills in understanding complex mechanical drawings, component parts, and assemblies
- Confidence using all types of mechanical measuring equipment including Calipers, Micrometers, Height gages, Thread Plug, and Ring gages, Pin gages, and part specific functional gaging
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 Shop environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office ( excel, outlook ) a MUST
- Team player with motivation for continuous improvement is priority
- Ability to communicate written and verbally to team and company stakeholders is essential
- Ability to exhibit attention to detail, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision
This is a unionized full time day shift position with salary that can range from labour rate to journeyman rate based on experience and certifications:
- Summary of Potential Wages and Benefits:
- Salary – $20.00 – $ 35.37 hourly based on certifications
- Overtime – 2 x hourly rate
- Pension Premiums – $ 3.80 hourly
- Shift Premium – $0.50 hourly
- Boot Allowance – $175 annually
- Vacation – per union agreement
- Sick days – 3 per annum
- Statutory Holidays – 14 days
- MSP – Paid
- Other Benefits – EH, WI, Dental, Life – per agreement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $35.37 /hour