OverviewWells Gray Tours Ltd. Sales & Reservations Manager/ Tour Operations Manager Full Time in Kamloops, BC
Wells Gray Tours Ltd.
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Sales & Reservations Manager/ Tour Operations Manager
Tour Operations Key Duties:. Values the importance of delivering high quality, innovative service to internal and external clients;…
Wells Gray Tours has been in business since 1972 under the direction of Roland Neave, owner and founder. Our company started small by running bus tours into Wells Gray Park from Kamloops as a summer project while Roland attended University. This passion he developed has now grown Wells Gray Tours into the largest tour operator in the Okanagan, taking our faithful clients around the world again and again.
Come join our “family” and see why Wells Gray Tours earned TOTA’s “Employer of the Year” award in 2012.
We are seeking someone to cover a 6-month maternity leave then to transition into a permanent position as Sales & Reservations Manager as our current manager is retiring after 20+ years in May 2016. Training to start October 5, 2015.
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following Attributes:
- Inclusiveness: Shows respect for people and their differences; promotes fairness and equality; engages the talents, experiences, and capabilities of others; fosters a sense of belonging; works to understand the perspectives of others; and creates opportunities for access and success.
- Managing People: Coaches, evaluates, develops, inspires people; sets expectations, recognizes achievements, manages conflict, aligns performance goals with company goals, provides feedback, group leadership; delegates.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Problem solving – identifies problems, involves other in seeking innovative, simple solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges. Decision Making – makes clear, consistent, transparent decisions; acts with integrity in all decision making; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information and makes timely decisions.
- Communication: Connects with managers, peers and customers, actively listens, clearly and effectively shares information, and demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective, high quality performance in self and the team; delivers timely and accurate results; resilient when responding to situations that are not going well; takes initiative to make improvements.
- Leadership: Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues as appropriate; works in partnerships with others.
- Service Focused: Values the importance of delivering high quality, innovative service to internal and external clients; understands the needs of the clients; customer service focus.
- Embrace and Initiate change: Resilient to face change boldly, without resorting to complaints, apathy, anger or fear.
Sales & Reservations Key Duties:
- Sell tours in person and over the phone, process booking information into reservations system in an accurate and timely manner
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers to ensure a positive and memorable experience
- Increase visibility of company in Kamloops
- Work with Director of Sales & Marketing to maintain, execute and continually develop marketing plan
- Perform outside sales including maintaining presence in retirement centers/adult communities, keeping client data base updated through phone contact, communicating with area travel agents and doing sales calls/presentations to interested clubs and groups
- Take and process customer payments and issue ticket packages
- Provide customer service with patience and cheerfulness
- Supervise and delegate tasks to sales support team
- Sell Travel Insurance and inform insurance company of pending customer claims and respond to insurance company inquiries.
Tour Operations Key Duties:
- Manage tour execution from time of hotel confirmation and itinerary planning until departure
- Maintain data on main system regarding hotels and attractions used on a tour
- Send deposits and rooming list/passenger counts to hotels and attractions as required
- Keep sales staff informed of tour changes, schedules, route timings, sales support information
- Reserve transfers, shuttles, restaurants and attractions on a tour according to the route timing, finalize itinerary
- Monitor tour bookings and deposit requirements for cancellation of a tour
- Prepare tour director’s tour file for departure
- Verify pick-up list for tour departure and email to coach company
- Approve and process customer special requests
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Ability to use standard word and data processing programs such as Word/Word Perfect, Excel, Publisher, etc.
- Strong internet navigational skills with ability to maintain and monitor web presence
- Ability to provide excellence in customer service with patience, cheerfulness and accuracy of information and with desire to exceed client expectations
- Excellent written communication skills
- Willingness to do outside sales, including cold calling and making sales presentations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Understanding of debits and credits in accounting
- Interest in travel industry and packaged travel
- Excellent arithmetic skills
- Available to travel on familiarization trips
- Able to handle emergency after-hours calls
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] . No phone calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying, however only those that meet the criteria and are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: September 10, 2015
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17