OverviewWells Fargo Wells Fargo Securities Investment Banking Summer Analyst Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Wells Fargo Securities Investment Banking Summer Analyst
Coursework in financial accounting, corporate finance, mathematics, computer science, or engineering; The training brings together all the analysts from various…
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of financing solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates in 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Wells Fargo first conducted business in Canada in 1854 and since then has continued to build a strong presence across the country. Wells Fargo now offers a broad range of financial products and services through multiple lines of business operating throughout Canada.
Organized by industry sector, the Investment Banking and Capital Markets team is dedicated to understanding the unique competitive and operating environments of our clients. The group combines strong relationships and industry knowledge with superior capital markets and advisory capabilities that includes debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, and loan syndications. The team maintains active relationships with a broad universe of middle market, large corporate, financial sponsor, and institutional clients, and is highly experienced in delivering exceptional execution.
The Summer Analyst Program is non-rotational and provides the opportunity to gain exposure and experience working for one of the most well regarded financial institutions in the world; learn about our business and the many careers and professional development opportunities; expand personal and professional networks; incorporate knowledge gained in school while learning new skills and interviewing for future career opportunities at Wells Fargo. The duration of the Summer Analyst program is 10 weeks and is specific to the coverage group based in Toronto, Canada.
The Summer Analyst Program is designed to provide undergraduate students an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time team member. Summer analysts receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through on-the-job training by joining a business group and working alongside team members who are experts in their fields. In addition, the program offers organized activities that allow summer analysts to receive analytical training, meet senior executives, and network with other participants across business lines.
Summer Analysts assume significant responsibility that may include:
- Developing and maintaining models to depict projected financial results and to value companies;
- Working closely with senior bankers on presentations, financial and credit analysis, and the preparation of financial projections and models;
- Supporting various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences;
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research;
- Preparing presentations and other materials for clients;
- Conducting research, participating in strategic planning, and assisting in the execution of advisory services;
- Conducting financial analysis, preparing credit packages, and monitoring existing deals
- Creating pitches, proposals, and marketing materials; and
- Participating in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers
Full-Time Analyst Opportunities
Based on outstanding performance, summer analysts may receive an offer to join a business within Wells Fargo Securities upon receiving their degree. Prior to starting in an office, analysts participate in a comprehensive training program in Charlotte, North Carolina. The training brings together all the analysts from various lines of business and includes classroom instruction in financial accounting, cash flow, credit analysis, financial modeling, and valuation.
Summer Analysts must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, distinguished written and verbal communication and presentation skills, excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team, and an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. It is preferred that your background includes:
- Coursework in financial accounting, corporate finance, mathematics, computer science, or engineering;
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry;
- Proven ability to take on significant responsibility;
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused, collaborative, and team environment;
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented;
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results; and
- A graduation date of December 2018 – May 2019
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30