OverviewWeatherford Quality, Health & Safety Manager – St. John’s, NL (Temporary Contract) Temporary in Paradise, NL
Branch Paradise NL CA
Quality, Health & Safety Manager – St. John’s, NL (Temporary Contract)
Operational and risk management experience. Good understanding of Quality Management Systems (i.e. Sustainment of WFT Quality Management System (Operational…
Weatherford is among the largest global oil and gas service providers, delivering innovative technologies and services for formation evaluation, well construction, completion, stimulation, and production. Our global network spans more than 100 countries and includes 680 service locations and 13 research, development, and training facilities.
Weatherford Canada is seeking a temporary Quality, Health & Safety Manager to fill a 12 month term as a maternity leave replacement.
The Eastern Canada Quality, Health & Safety (QHSSE) Manager ensures that all Business Units within the geography seek to maintain the highest levels of professional risk management through common goals, procedures and practices.
The role requires demonstrating to stakeholders and external agencies, e.g. employees, clients and regulators that Weatherford (WFT) Eastern Canada operations activities can and will be conducted in accordance with best practice and as a minimum will meet legislative requirements, with a focus on our employees, our co-workers and the public at large.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision of risk management support to the required business units to achieve a common QHSSE program for the Business Unit.
- Focal point for Project QHSSE Implementation for Business Unit activities.
- Development of QHSSE awareness within the Region and Projects.
- Liaison with clients, third parties, Regional QHSSE and other internal clients (e.g. R & D, training and other Product Lines) with the provision of presentations to increase awareness of progress on QHSSE matters.
- Provision of monthly and other reports regarding QHSSE performance for the Geography/Business Unit.
- Ensuring accident and incident investigations are conducted and events reported in a timely manner.
- Liaison with regulatory and industry bodies.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of QHSSE Regional Documents, Practices and Procedures.
- Promotion of Corporate and Quality initiatives within the Geography
- Auditing and monitoring as required in accordance with Corporate and Regional requirements
- Experience as lead investigators for small/medium/large incidents/quality events.
- Sustainment of WFT Quality Management System (Operational Excellence & Performance System – OEPS)
- Continual auditing of OEPS to ensure the intent of the standards are met
- Complete process reviews to increase efficiencies (all departments).
- Complete monthly Key Performance Indicator and applicable statistical reporting.
- 5 years + QHSSE relevant experience, QHSSE diploma/certification or professional designation such as CRSP.
- Previous operational experience within the Oil and Gas Service industry
- Proficient in Microsoft basic suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficient in technical writing, presentations, development of training materials and manuals.
- Operational field experience in either the upstream or downstream oil industry.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Flexibility to travel if requiredGood inter-personal skills
- Working knowledge of safety codes, OH and S regulations, Provincial, and Municipal health regulations, hazardous materials, and emergency preparedness
- Experience with Taproot Investigations
- Good understanding of Quality Management Systems (i.e. ISO / API)
- Ability to influence staff at all levels to promote risk management and awareness
- Operational and risk management experience.
- Previous experience in an offshore environment
- Previous experience at supervisory level within major oil companies or regulatory agencies.
- Flexibility with regard to working hours
- Dynamic and proactive, able to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Up to 10% travel within the area / region
- Class 5 drivers license in good standing
- Acceptable driving record as per HR Guidelines / Policy
This position is considered safety sensitive and the successful candidate will be required to complete pre-employment drug, alcohol and medical testing.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Paradise, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20