OverviewWaste Management District Fleet Manager Full Time in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
District Fleet Manager
Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized. At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package….
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Other Possible Location: N/A
Job Schedule: N/A
Job Shift: 2nd Shift
Travel: Occasional 6-15%
Manages the full fleet of primary and secondary equipment within the assigned area, in alignment with corporate objectives. Span of Control: 2 – 4 locations and /or 50 to 99 assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location. *
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards. *
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate guidelines and objectives. *
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements. *
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets. *
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met. *
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained. *
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized. *
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations. *
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion. *
- Assists in budget process as required. *
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs. *
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions. *
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency. *
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner. *
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes: *
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including: *
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, and five to seven years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Valid driver’s license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Work Environment *
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day; *
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely; *
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely; *
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally; *
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click. “Apply Now.”
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25