OverviewWarner Bros. Entertainment Group Technical Animator/Rigger Full Time in Montréal, QC
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Branch Montréal QC CA
This person in addition to rigging duties will evaluate new technology, develop pipelines and workflows and work with all disciplines to ensure that Animation…
WB Games Montreal, seeks a Technical Animator/Rigger to be responsible for all technical animation and rigging issues related to a project. This can include visual R&D, performance monitoring, standard setting, as well as process and pipeline issues. The Technical Animator also acts a liaison between Engineering, and the content creators. This person in addition to rigging duties will evaluate new technology, develop pipelines and workflows and work with all disciplines to ensure that Animation has the tools required to maintain effective delivery of outstanding assets within technical limitations, solving technical problems when required. All animation tools and content feature requests should be evaluated by the Technical Animator.
- Create Tech Animation guidelines and generate character rigs that serve as a benchmark for others.
- Be the owner of the Tools and pipeline regarding our DCC and encourage the share of technology over the entire studio.
- Write utility scripts and programs to streamline any pipeline process with tools that are effective and user-friendly.
- Create Tech Animation guidelines.
- Evaluate new technology and work closely with Tech team.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine, 3ds Max, Motion Builder.
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines
- Strong understanding of Maxscript/C#/C++/Python or similar systems required.
- Experience with outsourced content and proven ability to work with outsourcing and external development teams.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills.
- Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-19