OverviewWarner Bros. Entertainment Group Senior Systems Programmer Full Time in Montréal, QC
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Branch Montréal QC CA
Senior Systems Programmer
Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time systems. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Systems Programmer to work with its game development…
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
WB Games Montréal, a division on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Systems Programmer to work with its game development team responsible for a AAA title.
As a systems programmer, this individual will develop, maintain, and optimize cross-platform run-time systems, examples of which include: streaming, graphics, animation, physics, and various other low-level systems.
% of Time
Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time systems
Profile and optimize existing run-time systems and memory systems
Integrate low level libraries and external code
Communicate with content creators to gather requirements and identify needed improvements
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- 8-10 years of software development experience in the game industry.
- Experience developing for Xbox360 or PS3 or Xbox One or PS4 (preferably all)
- 10+ years’ experience with C/C++.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with large-scale console games programming at all stages of the life-cycle, including prototyping, production, and shipping.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, cross-platform development
- Experience architecting and debugging large robust systems.
- Experience with profiling tools and optimization techniques.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Working knowledge of 3D math
- Familiarity with UE3 engine a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
- Strong code architecture and design skills.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24