OverviewWarner Bros. Entertainment Group Senior IT Systems Administrator Full Time in Montréal, QC
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Branch Montréal QC CA
Senior IT Systems Administrator
Reporting directly to the Manager of IT, Network and Infrastructure, the role of the Senior IT Systems Administrator will be 2nd and 3rd level support and…
Reporting directly to the Manager of IT, Network and Infrastructure, the role of the Senior IT Systems Administrator will be 2nd and 3rd level support and technical assessment of newly proposed IT projects for the Montreal Studio. He/she will be expected to be a highly self-motivated individual with an in depth knowledge of IP routing and switching (Cisco/HP/H3C based products), LANWAN architecture, VMWare, NetApp storage, security (Palo Alto, Intrusion Prevention), as well as a good knowledge of a wide variety of Microsoft products including but not limited to: SQL, Active Directory, Office 365, etc. Knowledge of any of the following will be considered an asset: Confluence, Jira, Crowd, Perforce, Databases, Linux systems administration. Participating as part of a team in the day to day support of the Montreal Studio, this individual will be expected to work within a fast paced and dynamic team of highly technical IT people supporting a mixture of highly technically skilled individuals and a dynamic team of Development studio users.
- Provide a high quality 2nd and 3rd level support service focusing on the Applications suite and all the other systems. (Mainly but not limited to Atlassian Suite, Perforce and Microsoft.)
- Investigate existing and new technologies in accordance with future plans and agreed projects.
- Work closely within the IT team to implement new technologies.
- Participate in maintaining and administering the existing infrastructure.
- Provide and maintain updated documentation for all systems supported.
- Project management (Team lead.)
As a key member of the IT team this individual will be expected to deliver a high level of Technical service to the Montreal Studio. This individual will be expected to work closely within the IT team to help bring a high level of support by keeping within the standards and service levels set by the IT Group.
- Qualified to a collegial level (Cégep)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in an IT environment.
- Minimum 5 years as a Systems Administrator working with the following technologies: Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange 2007/2010 and SQL server 2005/201, Netapp
- A full understanding of IP networking/routing.
- Proven ability to implement new technology and carry out 2nd and 3rd line support.
- An understanding of and an interest in emerging technologies and industry standards.
- Management of a NAS or SAN solution.
- Scripting, PowerShell, bash, batch, vbs, etc.
- Virtualisation, VMware
- Linux systems administraton
- Application administration, notably Atlassian Suite, Perforce, DBA
- Project Management
- Team lead
- In depth knowledge of all or most of the technologies mentioned above.
You must have excellent customer service skills, leadership, be a team player, be motivated, responsible, dynamic, punctual and enjoy solving problems.
Willing to work outside of the standard working hours.
Motivations & Interests , Gaming in general
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31