OverviewWalter Surface technologies Product Manager, Bio-Circle Contract in Montréal, QC
Walter Surface technologies
Branch Montréal QC CA
Product Manager, Bio-Circle
Travel as needed to meet business partners, accompany salespersons on the road, and attend trade shows (20-25% of the time)….
The Product Manager is responsible for product line contribution as a business unit. This includes developing new products, increasing the profitability of existing products, developing go-to-market strategies and generally supporting the needs of sales, marketing and management teams within the Bio-Circle division in all markets. Responsibilities: – Manage the entire lifecycle of the product portfolio, on the parts washer, cleaners/degreasers, Cleanbox, Air Force lines as well as any future line developed within the Bio-Circle division, and champion the interests of this division worldwide. – Develop new product ideas based on industry experience and by contact with sales representatives, customers, colleagues in sales organizations, and business partners including especially Bio-Circle Germany.
- Directly supervise an Associate Product Manager, and work closely with a Technical Project Manager to ensure synergy between cleaning solutions and liquid delivery systems. – Devise product positioning and key benefits statements that align with target customers. Articulate clear value proposition. Collaborate with the marketing department for new product launch and promotional strategies.
- Conduct market research on customers and prospects in order to specify market requirements for existing and upcoming products. – Define product release requirements and specifications for all new products for QC purposes. – Oversee the product launch process, including defining and tracking schedules and other related deliverables. – Obtain necessary industry certifications and approvals on new and existing products as required by different end-user segments.
- Formulate ideas to improve existing products based on feedback from customer accounts, sales groups, and other stakeholders. – Test and analyze competitive products and offerings. Analyze market and price positioning in all related countries. Provide full competitive analyses for use in new product development and for the benefit of our sales organizations.
- Provide state-of-the-art product training to internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, etc). – Travel as needed to meet business partners, accompany salespersons on the road, and attend trade shows (20-25% of the time). Knowledge, skills and abilities: – Demonstrated success in product launches. – Excellent presentation skills, including experience presenting to large (50+) audiences.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely. – Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills. Be able to influence even without formal authority and to work effectively across functions. – Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills. – Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint. – Results oriented and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience and Education: – Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or a technically related field.
An MBA would be an asset. – 5+ years experience in a product management role. – Technical background with 5+ years experience in an industrial chemical environment. Experience in the industrial cleaning market would be an asset.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23