Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2016-10-30
Walter A ‘Slim’ Thorpe Recovery Centre Human Resources Generalist Part Time in Blackfoot, AB
Walter A ‘Slim’ Thorpe Recovery Centre
Branch Blackfoot AB CA
Human Resources Generalist
Human resource planning; Conducts exit interviews. Conducts reference checks and background checks. Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business or Social…
Nature and Scope
The HR Generalist is responsible for a range of duties in order to support managers, supervisors and staff. Key areas of responsibility include policy and procedure development; human resource planning; labour relations; training and development; recruitment and retention planning. In addition to remaining current with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, this role requires adherence and enforcement of all established policy and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Performs full cycle recruitment including: advertising, screening and leading the interview process.
- Maintains and reviews ongoing applications.
- Conducts reference checks and background checks.
- Facilitates a comprehensive onboarding process for new hires.
- Partners with department managers and supervisors for workforce planning and job forecasting.
- Identifies job vacancies and fills vacancies according to demand.
- Prepares new hire packages including employment contracts, overtime agreements and enclosures.
- Enters new hire employee data into HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now).
- Attends career fairs where necessary.
- Volunteer coordination.
Training and Development
- Coordinates monthly training; communicates and tracks training for staff.
- Coordinates plans and communicates required training for staff members.
- Maintains documentation and contracts related to staff training.
- Conducts training needs analyses of the entire workforce to design appropriate and necessary training and development programs.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Provides advice and support to managers and supervisors for employee relations, performance management, policies and procedures, compliancy and best practices.
- Provides coaching in the resolution of complex employee relations matters to promote the establishment and maintenance of positive employee-employer relations.
- Maintains schedule of action plan and documentation for any disciplinary action required.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interrupting and administering contracts and policies striving to resolve work-related issues.
- Assists staff with benefit program related inquiries.
- Responsible for ensuring workforce compliancy with: human rights, employment laws and occupational health and safety standards.
- Maintains external contacts to regularly benchmark and remain current on workplace trends and standards.
- Ensures proper process and best practices are in place when carrying out terminations.
- Facilitates the three month and annual performance management process.
- Ensures employee evaluations are scheduled, completed and filed.
- Coaches managers and staff on the performance management process.
Health and Safety
- Assists in the investigation and reporting of accidents/incidents.
- Assists employees with the completion of all WCB claims; submits claims in a timely manner.
- Remains current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards.
- Maintains and updates the: policy and procedures manual, employee handbook and emergency response plan.
- Distributes policy information accordingly: departmentally and online.
- Acts as a representative for unemployment claims.
- Maintains current job descriptions and contracts.
- Communicates staff updates and changes accordingly.
- Benefit and RRSP administration; administers Long Term Disability (LTD) claims.
- Conducts employee exit interviews.
- Provides administrative support to the management and leadership team.
- Prepares and adheres to departmental budget.
- Manages the internal recognition system including employee of the month and employee service awards.
- Assists with payroll duties and benefit administration (as required).
- All other related duties from time to time (as required).
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Three to five years Human Resource experience, preferably in a Generalist role.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business or Social Sciences.
- CPHR designation (or in progress) would be considered an asset.
- Strong conflict and resolution and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits administration best practices and legislation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain positive work relations with employees and the management team
Please submit your application in confidence by mail or fax to:
Thorpe Recovery Centre, Box 291, Blackfoot AB, T0B 0L0
Fax: (780) 875-2161
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time